Redcliffe Partners’ antitrust team is well-known for obtaining merger clearances for some of the largest global and local M&A deals and for assisting clients with antitrust investigations, setting competition compliance policies and addressing other antitrust and unfair competition issues.
How we are different:
Local and global expertise. Our team has profound experience in advising both local and international clients on the full spectrum of competition law issues in Ukraine. Having connections with major international law firms, we work closely with antitrust experts in the EU and worldwide and complement our local antitrust expertise with knowledge of EU antitrust laws and practices. This enables us to strengthen the legal position in complex cases and provide unmatched solutions for our clients.
A leader in merger filings in Ukraine. Our team is a Top-3 law firm for merger control by both the number and value of the largest deals, according to the Top-50 Law Firms in Ukraine (2019). We have advised clients on the most complex international mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures in a number of industries.
Knowledge of antitrust economics. Anastasia Usova is one of the very few Ukrainian antitrust lawyers with a degree in Economic Analysis for Competition Law (from King’s College London). This enables her to look at antitrust issues from two perspectives – legal and economic – and to provide well-rounded arguments in complex antitrust cases.
Regulatory involvement. As well as our strength in advisory and transactional work, the team is actively involved in the revision of Ukraine’s competition laws and regulations aimed at increasing the efficiency of the system for protecting economic competition in Ukraine. Anastasia Usova is a Board member of the Competition Law Committee of the Ukrainian Bar Association, which is a leading platform of experts in competition law in Ukraine.
Recommended in Competition
The practice at Redcliffe Partners is ‘extremely responsive and pragmatic‘. The firm has ‘a young and very talented antitrust team‘
The Legal 500 2020
Ranked in Competition/Antitrust
Sources praise the team’s “good communication with other law firms, their accuracy and punctuality,” as well as the “detailed analysis with descriptions of possible scenarios.”
Chambers Europe 2021
Ranked among Top 3 Leading Law Firms of Ukraine in Antitrust
Market Leaders ranking by Yurydychna Gazeta 2019
Featured among Top-3 law firms for merger control by both the number and value of the largest deals
Top-50 Law Firms in Ukraine (2019)
Recognised as an Established Practice
Ukrainian Law Firms: A Handbook for Foreign Clients 2018-2020
The firm was awarded the Deal of the Year in Ukraine for its work on SALIC’s 2018 acquisition of Mriya Agro Holding
CEE Legal Matters
- Strategic competition law advice
- Merger filings
- Concerted practices filings
- Antitrust analysis of distribution schemes and pricing policies
- Antitrust analysis and filings for clearance of sustainability and other joint initiatives among competitors
- Antitrust investigations (cartels, abuse of dominance)
- Market inquiries
- Unfair competition and misleading advertising
- Competition compliance and training
- Antitrust litigation
- State aid
- Public procurement.
Our experience includes advising:
- Saudi Basic Industries Corporation, a global leader in diversified chemicals headquartered in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, and Clariant AG (Clariant), in obtaining merger clearance in Ukraine for the acquisition of a minority stake in Clariant, a leading company in specialty chemicals
- GE Capital, the financial services division of General Electric Company, on obtaining merger clearance in connection with the USD3.6 billion sale of the PK AirFinance aviation lending business to Apollo Global Management and Athene Holding Ltd
- Charoen Pokphand Foods Public Company Limited (CPF) on obtaining merger clearance in Ukraine for the acquisition of the entire share capital of HyLife Investments Ltd by CPF Canada Holdings Corp., a subsidiary of CPF
- Saudi Basic Industries Corporation on obtaining merger clearance in Ukraine for the USD69.9 billion sale of 70% of its shares to Saudi Arabian Oil Company, which was the largest ever transaction in the Middle East
- Lifecell, one of the three leading mobile operators in Ukraine, in connection with the investigation by the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine into the use of 28-day service packages by mobile operators
- Saudi Agricultural and Livestock Investment Company on obtaining merger clearances for the USD1.2 billion acquisition of certain legal entities and assets of Mriya Agro Holding, one of the largest agro-industrial holdings in Ukraine, and among the most anticipated and complex transactions in Ukraine’s agribusiness sector
- YayPay, a leading financial technology company, on potential antitrust issues relating to the acquisition by Quadient, a leading manufacturer of mailing equipment and provider of mailing-related services, of a majority stake in YayPay
- Ukrnafta on the merger control and antitrust aspects of a potential sale of its gas-producing assets to NAK Naftogaz of Ukraine for more than USD1 billion
- CVC, one of the leading global investment funds, on obtaining merger and concerted practices clearances for the EUR3.03 billion acquisition of Recordati, an international pharmaceutical group
- a Chinese consortium of Zhengzhou Coal Mining Machinery (Group) Co., Ltd (ZMJ) and China Renaissance Capital Investment Inc. (CRCI) in obtaining merger clearance with respect to the EUR545 million acquisition of Robert Bosch GmbH`s Starter Motors and Generators business
- Stahl Lux 2 S.A., a market leader in process chemicals for leather products, in obtaining merger clearance for the acquisition of the Leather Chemicals business of BASF SE
- MHP (Myronivsky Hliboproduct), Ukraine’s leading producer of poultry products, on merger control matters and on compliance with the Ukrainian competition law requirements of its commercial policy and distribution agreements
- Aspect Holdings and SigmaBleyzer on a wide range of competition law aspects during the preparation and negotiation of a Production Sharing Agreement with the Ukrainian Government
- one of the world’s leading integrated energy corporation on compliance with the Ukrainian competition law requirements of its distribution and trademark licensing agreements
- a world-leading pharmaceutical and life sciences company on compliance with Ukrainian competition law on the introduction of different pricing models