RESTRUCTURING, INSOLVENCY AND SPECIAL SITUATIONS
Redcliffe Partners has a top-tier reputation in advising on the most sophisticated and unprecedented restructuring, insolvency and special situations projects in Ukraine. Our team has handled many innovative restructurings and special situation mandates during the recent economic turmoil, and we are well-placed to offer clients the highest quality advice.
How we are different:
- Top-tier law firm. We are a Tier-1 law firm for corporate, commercial and banking and finance mandates according to the 2020 edition of The Legal 500 EMEA.
- Unrivalled experience. Our team has handled most demanding and unprecedented projects in Ukraine, including the USD2.3 billion debt restructuring of Metinvest, the restructuring (involving dozens of insolvency and hundreds of court proceedings) and subsequent distressed sale of Mriya Agro Holding to a strategic investor, and the settlement of Ukrnafta’s USD1.1 billion tax debt, the largest tax debt in the history of Ukraine.
- Considerable resources. Our practice includes experts in finance and corporate transactions, litigation and tax. With these considerable resources, we have become a natural choice for complex and ground-breaking client mandates.
Ranked in Restructuring/Insolvency. “Particularly well regarded for acting on major debt restructuring. Also noted for its track record of representing creditors, especially foreign banks, and increasingly active in non-performing debt restructurings.
Chambers Europe 2020
Ranked in Restructuring and insolvency
IFLR 1000 2020
Among 100 leading world restructuring firms
GRR 100 2019
- Debt restructuring
- Enforcement of various types of security
- Insolvency proceedings
- Pre-insolvency arrangements
- Pre-sale corporate restructuring and reorganisations
- Distressed acquisitions
- Debt for control
- Preferred equity
- Convertible debt
- Mezzanine debt
- Rescue and exit financing
- Special situations strategies
- Deutsche Bank, ING, Natixis and UniCredit in their capacity as the co-ordinating committee for the pre-export finance banks on the successful implementation of the USD2.3 billion debt restructuring of Metinvest
- Ukrnafta, Ukraine’s largest oil producer, on the successful settlement of its USD1.1 billion tax debt (the largest tax debt in Ukraine’s history)
- Saudi Agriculture and Livestock Investment Company, a company owned by the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia, on the restructuring (involving dozens of insolvency and hundreds of court proceedings) of Mriya Agro Holding, one of the largest agro-industrial companies in the region which collapsed in 2014, and subsequent acquisition. The project was recognised as the Deal of the Year for Ukraine in 2018 according to CEE Legal Matters
- The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development on the insolvency proceedings against Interleaseinvest, one of the leading privately owned providers of railway cargo transportation and freight railcar operating lease services, resulting in taking over of a large pool of railcars and transferring it into an SPV controlled by the bank
- Landesbank Berlin on the restructuring of the EUR244 million financing provided to a company of the DTEK Group and guaranteed by EKF, Denmark’s export credit agency
- The committee of creditors on the USD2 billion debt restructuring of the Industrial Union of Donbas
- The committee of creditors on the USD820 million debt restructuring of Donetsksteel, Ukraine’s largest producer of hard coking coal
- Deutsche Bank and Sberbank of Russia on the USD600 million debt restructuring of Ukrlandfarming
- China Development Bank on the restructuring of the USD3.65 billion loan to Naftogaz of Ukraine guaranteed by the State of Ukraine
- Export-Import Bank of Korea on the restructuring of the USD261 million loan to Southern Railway, guaranteed by the State of Ukraine
- Citibank on the restructuring of the USD55 million loan to Interpipe, one of the largest producers of steel pipe and railway wheels in the region
- Citibank as trustee on the debt restructuring of Kreditprombank
- The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development on the insolvency proceedings against Bank Forum, a Ukrainian commercial bank
- Citibank on the restructuring of its USD88 million loan facility provided to Rubizhne Cardboard and Packaging Mill
- The co-ordinating committee of lenders on the debt restructuring of RUSAL in Ukraine
- First Ukrainian International Bank on the USD237 million restructuring of the loan facility granted by a group of foreign banks