Zoryana Sozanska-Matviychuk is a Partner and Head of Redcliffe Partners’ M&A practice.
Zoryana focuses on complex M&A, private equity and venture capital transactions. Zoryana is admitted as a solicitor of Senior Courts of England and Wales.
Before joining Redcliffe Partners, Zoryana practised law with leading international law firms in Ukraine and abroad. She has worked on many English law transactions, including during her time with the Sydney and London offices of an international law firm.
NEWS AND PUBLICATIONS
Zoryana’s experience includes advising:
- Saudi Agriculture and Livestock Investment Company (SALIC), a company owned by the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia, on the acquisition and pre-acquisition restructuring (involving dozens of insolvency proceedings and hundreds of court proceedings) of Mriya Agro Holding, one of the largest agro-industrial companies in the region, and which had collapsed in 2014. The project was recognised as the Deal of the Year for Ukraine in 2018 according to CEE Legal Matters
- UiPath, one of the fastest-growing and most heavily-funded enterprise software companies in the world, in connection with the acquisition of StepShot, a Ukrainian automated process documentation start-up
- A cyber security company in connection with the sale of shares to a private equity investor and pre-acquisition restructuring
- Permira, an international private equity firm, in connection with the buyout of certain eBay Enterprise divisions from eBay Inc. As part of this transaction, Permira acquired Magento Commerce, a leading e-commerce solutions provider with presence in Ukraine
- The owners of Rozetka business, a market leader in the Ukrainian e-commerce industry, in connection with the sale of a stake to Horizon Capital
- Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baker and distributor of baked goods, in connection with a USD650 million acquisition of East Balt Bakeries from private equity firm One Equity Partners
- EBRD in connection with a 30% equity investment in JSC Raiffeisen Bank Aval
- Horizon Capital in connection with a USD40 million investment into Tinkoff Credit Systems (TCS Bank), the first online bank in Russia
- Ironbridge Capital, a leading Australian private equity manager, in connection with a number of management buy-outs, in particular of several drilling businesses
- A leading global private equity firm in connection with a proposed acquisition of a Ukrainian car parts distributing and manufacturing business
- CCMP Capital Asia in connection with the NZ$2 billion acquisition of the New Zealand Yellow Pages together with the Ontario Teachers Pension Fund