Victoria Ivasechko is a Counsel in the firm’s International Arbitration and Litigation practices.
She focuses on international investment arbitration, international commercial arbitration, cross-border and domestic litigation, as well as enforcement proceedings.
Victoria has been involved in arbitration proceedings under VIAC, ICC, LCIA, SCC, CAM, NAI, ICAC at the Ukrainian CCI, ICSID, and UNCITRAL arbitration rules. She has also represented clients in complex cross-border litigations and high-profile domestic litigations. Victoria acts for clients before Ukrainian courts of all levels and specialisations, including commercial, corporate, administrative and labour disputes, insolvency proceedings, criminal proceedings, as well as cases on setting aside, recognition and enforcement of arbitral awards and foreign court decisions.
Victoria is a VIAC Ambassador for Ukraine, a board member of the International Law Committee at the Ukrainian Bar Association, and a regional representative of the Moot Alumni Association. She also coaches the Vis Moot teams of the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv and arbitrates various moot court competitions.
Investment treaty arbitration
- Advising an investor in PCA Case No. 2017-23 of Igor Boyko v. Ukraine under the Ukraine-Russia BIT
- Advising an investor in a UNCITRAL arbitration under the Ukraine-Russia BIT over the alleged taking of shares in a Ukrainian company
- Advising investors in an ICSID arbitration over the alleged expropriation of the majority stake in the plant
- Advising the State of Ukraine in SCC Case No. V 2015/092 of Littop and others v. Ukraine under the Energy Charter Treaty
International commercial arbitration
- Acting for a Czech manufacturer against a major Ukrainian nuclear power-generation company in an arbitration under the VIAC Rules of Arbitration and Conciliation (Vienna Rules)
- Acting for a major international electronics producer in a series of ICAC at the Ukrainian CCI arbitrations against a Turkish guarantor under a complex equipment supply contract
- Acting for a Czech manufacturer against a major Ukrainian nuclear power-generation company in an arbitration under ICAC at the Ukrainian CCI Arbitration Rules
- Acting for a Ukrainian enterprise providing ammonia transportation services against a foreign customer in an arbitration under ICAC at the Ukrainian CCI Arbitration Rules
- Acting for an English gas equipment supplier against a Ukrainian company specialising in the exploration, development, processing and production of gas fields and petroleum products in an arbitration under LCIA Arbitration Rules
- Acting for a large international agricultural company against a corporation designing and manufacturing grain storage and processing systems in an arbitration under ICC Arbitration Rules
- Acting for the UBOs of a large international group of companies in an arbitration under NAI Arbitration Rules
- Advising PAO Tatneft on issues of Ukrainian law before the Commercial Court of the High Court of Justice (England and Wales) in the matter of PAO Tatneft v. Ukraine (court docket No. CL-2017-000252). This case relates to the enforcement in England of the arbitral award in the UNCITRAL investment arbitration of PAO Tatneft v. Ukraine, PCA case No. 2008-8
- Acting for the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) in a USD 80 million enforcement of a secured syndicated loan against one of Ukraine’s largest private rail operators
- Acting for Raiffeisen Bank International in cross-border enforcement of Ukrainian mortgages and pledges securing a USD 100 million loan against the Milkiland group, a major Ukrainian dairy producer
- Acting for RHI Glas GmbH, a global leading supplier of high-grade refractory materials, in proceedings for leave to enforce the VIAC award in Ukraine and having it actually enforced in three parallel enforcement proceedings
- Acting for a major international electronics producer in court proceedings initiated by a Turkish surety aiming at setting aside the arbitral awards rendered in favour of the electronics producer
- Acting for Members of Parliament and NGOs in a series of administrative cases challenging resolutions of the state energy regulator fixing wholesale off-take energy prices for thermal power generation companies
- Acting for an international shipping company in an administrative claim challenging the blocking of its vessel in a Ukrainian seaport
- Acting for a major international electronics producer in a case brought over violations of Article 6 of the ECHR and Article 1 of the First Protocol
- Acting for a major energy-producing company in a case brought over violations of Article 13 of the ECHR and Article 1 of the First Protocol