GAMING AND BETTING
Redcliffe Partners provides market-leading advice on the full range of regulatory, corporate and commercial issues that concern betting and gaming activities in Ukraine.
Our Betting and Gaming Practice Group includes experts in corporate and commercial transactions, regulatory matters, tax, IP and technology, and litigation. With our considerable resources and market knowledge, we help our clients address all legal matters in this exciting industry sector.
How we are different:
- Top-tier law firm. We are a Tier-1 corporate and commercial law firm according to the 2020 edition of The Legal 500 EMEA.
- One of the largest corporate teams in Ukraine. We have one of the largest teams of corporate lawyers in Ukraine, which allows us timely and efficiently to handle the most sophisticated and challenging assignments.
- Experience in betting and gaming. We are one of only a few Ukrainian law firms that have both experience in the development of Ukrainian gaming laws and recent experience in advising investors on gaming matters.
- Online and land-based casinos
- Lottery business
- Slot machine halls
- Games of chance and games of skill
- Online poker games
- Video games
- Gambling software and equipment
- Live casino studios
- Hotels and leisure
- Market entry
- Obtaining licences and permits
- Regulatory advice
- Acquisition of rights to real estate
- Commercial contracts
- Communication with governmental authorities
- Internal compliance procedures and policies
- Data protection advice
- Intellectual property rights
- Tax consulting
- Advertising of gaming
- Regulatory and commercial litigation
- Anti-money laundering investigations
We are proud to contribute to our clients’ success with their investments in Ukraine and abroad. Our experience includes advising:
- Scientific Games Corporation, a NASDAQ-listed company that provides gambling products and services, on the acquisition of Come2Play, an Israeli company developing social, non-cash games
- Scientific Games Corporation, a NASDAQ-listed company that provides gambling products and services, on various corporate, commercial, data protection and employment matters arising out of the company’s operations in Ukraine
- A global provider of live casino services on its anticipated entry into the Ukrainian market (including advising on a variety of corporate, commercial, regulatory and employment matters) and obtaining a licence
- A global supplier of digitally distributed gaming systems on its anticipated entry into the Ukrainian market and obtaining of licence
- A software company on the investigation initiated by the National Police of Ukraine and the General Prosecutor’s Office for the alleged breach of gaming and anti-money laundering laws
- An international developer of free-to-play mobile games on various corporate, commercial and employment matters arising out of the company’s entry into, and operations in, Ukraine
- One of the world’s well-known video game companies on the investigation of the National Bank of Ukraine against one of the client’s payment service providers for the alleged violation of anti-money laundering laws
- A member of the Ukrainian Parliament on the development of tax laws concerning gaming operators
- A Ukrainian lottery operator on the acquisition of an online lottery business in Ukraine, the purchase of a variety of technical equipment and technologies and a variety of regulatory and operational issues, including entry into agreements with various counterparties, as well as on commercial, corporate, tax and employment matters
- A gambling and lottery operator and technology company on the sale of its online lottery business in Ukraine
- An online game company on various tax issues (including tax planning, risk assessment of the current corporate structure and BEPS), the purchase of commercial real estate in Kyiv and venture capital investments aimed at the development of new video games