Olena Polyakova is a counsel of the Banking and Finance, Capital Markets, and Debt Restructuring and Insolvency practices.
She focuses on cross-border finance, structured trade and commodity finance, and debt capital markets, including liability management, debt restructuring and refinancing.
Olena has more than nine years’ experience in banking and finance law, including with another leading law firm in Ukraine. She is Arthur T. Vanderbilt Scholar, New York University School of Law, and worked for one year as a research fellow at the New York University Pollack Centre for Law and Business.
NEWS AND PUBLICATIONS
Her experience includes advising:
- Ministry of Finance of Ukraine on certain legal matters in connection with the sovereign and sovereign guaranteed debt restructuring operation within the framework of Ukraine’s Extended Fund Facility with the IMF, including drafting amendments to the Budget Code of Ukraine, corporate and other governmental authorisations necessary for the state banks, Kyiv City municipality, and other sovereign entities to implement external debt restructuring
- Bank Pekao in connection with the restructuring of EUR100 million secured loan to a large industrial holding in Ukraine
- Ministry of Finance of Ukraine in connection with the CAD200 million loan from the Export Development Canada
- ING Bank N.V. on USD100 million sunflower oil pre-export loan facility to MHP
- ING Bank N.V., Public Joint Stock Company “ING Bank Ukraine” and Public Joint Stock Company “Ukrsotsbank” on USD55 million syndicated secured term loan facility to Delta Wilmar CIS, a member of Wilmar International Group
- Deutsche Bank on EUR53 million loan to state gas transit company for modernisation of the compressor station alongside the transit pipeline “Soyuz” supported by the state guarantee
- Boryspil Airport on the mandate letter with the JLMs and public procurement in connection with the planned issue of Eurobonds
- MHP in connection with the offering of USD750 million 8.25% loan participation notes due in 2020
- MHP on the cash tender offer and the related consent solicitation for the outstanding USD584.767 million 10,25% notes due 2015
- Ferrexpo in connection with the exchange offer in respect of outstanding USD500 million 7.875% guaranteed notes due 2016 issued by Ferrexpo Finance plc
- First Ukrainian International Bank on consent solicitation in relation to outstanding USD252.5 million 11% loan participation notes due 2014
- Deutsche Bank and ING Bank as dealer managers on the exchange offer of Metinvest B.V. for its USD500 million 10.25% guaranteed notes due in 2015, coupled with the new issue of USD 289.7 million 10.5% guaranteed notes due 2017 under its USD1,5 billion MNT Program
- Credit Suisse Securities (Europe) Limited, Deutsche Bank AG, London Branch, LLC VEB Capital and VTB Capital plc on the USD300 million Eurobond offering by the City of Kyiv
- DTEK on the cash tender offer and the related consent solicitation for the outstanding USD500 million 9,50% notes due 2015