Redcliffe Partners is number 1 in Ukraine by value of deals in 2018, according to Mergermarket. The League Tables, introduced by Mergermarket, are summarising the work of law firms in 67 international locations and cover the biggest M&A deals worldwide.
In particular, in 2018 our team has advised on a number of high-profile transactions vital for the Ukrainian market, including representing:
- The Saudi Agricultural & Livestock Investment Company (SALIC) in acquiring the assets of Mriya Agro Holding. This is one of the most anticipated and complex transactions in the Ukrainian agribusiness sector to date and was recognised the Deal of the Year in Ukraine in 2018;
- Deutsche Bank AG, UniCredit, Natixis and ING (the coordinated mandated lead arrangers for the pre-export finance creditors) in relation to the restructuring of more than US$1 billion of Metinvest B.V debt. In combination with the issuance of US$1.592 billion new bonds by Metinvest B.V., this is the largest ever refinancing of a Ukrainian corporate group;
- Ukrnafta, the largest Ukrainian oil company, on the potential sale of its gas-producing assets to NAK Naftogaz of Ukraine;
- Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank on EUR 475 million financing for the purchase of more than 25 Airbus helicopters for the National Guard of Ukraine, the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine, the State Emergency Service of Ukraine, and the National Police of Ukraine;
- Ferrexpo plc in connection with a US$400 million four-year committed revolving pre-export finance facility from a syndicate of nine foreign banks and financial institutions, with BNP Paribas S.A. and Deutsche Bank AG acting as mandated lead arrangers.
Redcliffe Partners is annually ranked by all international directories, including Chambers Global and Chambers Europe, IFLR 1000 and the Legal 500. The firm’s partners and counsel feature year on year in individual legal rankings such as Who’s Who Legal and Best Lawyers.