Redcliffe Partners is amongst the Top-3 law firms by both number and value of Finance and M&A deals in Ukraine during 2016-2018, according to Yuridicheskaya Practika's Deals Tables, which form a part of its annual research on the Top 50 Law Firms in Ukraine.
In particular, within that three-year period Redcliffe advised on 20 of the market's largest deals, with a total value exceeding USD12 billion. These high-profile representations in finance transactions included:
- Advising Deutsche Bank AG, UniCredit, Natixis and ING in relation to the restructuring of more than USD2.3 billion of Metinvest B.V debt in 2017, followed by a successful USD1.35 billion bond issuance in 2018.
- Advising a syndicate of creditors on a EUR 455 million financing and revolving credit facility for up to EUR 80 million for the acquisition of Guala Closures Group.
- Advising Natixis on concluding an up to USD100 million secured revolving PXF facility agreement from the syndicate of lenders to Kernel Group.
- Advising Export-Import Bank of Korea on the restatement of a USD261 million financing to the Ukrainian railways.
- Advising UniCredit Bank Austrian AG and ING Bank N.V. on a USD200 million pre-export finance revolving credit facility to Kernel Group.
- Advising EBRD and IFC in connection with extending two parallel senior secured loans to M.V. Cargo for a total amount of USD74 million, to finance the construction of a grain terminal in Yuzhny Seaport.
On the M&A side, highlighted deals included: providing full legal support to SALIC in acquiring the assets of Mriya Agro Holding (one of the most complex workout arrangements in Ukraine); advising Grupo Bimbo on the USD650 million acquisition of East Balt Bakeries; and advising a Chinese consortium of Zhengzhou Coal Mining Machinery Co., Ltd and China Renaissance Capital Investment Inc. on the EUR 545 million acquisition of Robert Bosch GmbH's starter motors and generators business.
Redcliffe Partners is annually ranked in the top-tier by all international directories, including Chambers Global, Chambers Europe, IFLR 1000 and the Legal 500. The firm’s partners and counsel feature year on year in individual lawyers’ rankings by Who’s Who Legal and Best Lawyers.