Redcliffe Partners leads the market by number of Ukraine's largest Finance and M&A deals in 2017 according to Yuridicheskaya Practika Deals Tables, which were unveiled in December 2017 as part of the annual national research on the Top 50 Law Firms in Ukraine.
In particular, Redcliffe advised on 10 of the market's 52 largest deals in 2017, with a total value exceeding USD8 billion. These high-profile representations in finance transactions included:
- acting for Deutsche Bank, ING, Natixis and UniCredit in the USD2.3 billion debt restructuring by Metinvest B.V;
- advising Export-Import Bank of Korea on the restatement of a USD261 million financing to the Ukrainian railways;
- advising UniCredit Bank Austrian AG and ING Bank N.V. on a USD200 million pre-export finance revolving credit facility to Kernel Group;
- EBRD and IFC in connection with extending two parallel senior secured loans to M.V. Cargo for a total amount of USD74 million, to finance the construction of a grain terminal in Yuzhny Seaport; and
- advising Citibank Europe Plc on the restructuring of an outstanding USD16 million loan provided to Rubizhne Cardboard and Packaging Mill under an up to USD88 million term facility.
On the M&A side, the highlighted deals included: advising Grupo Bimbo on the USD650 million acquisition of East Balt Bakeries, and advising a Chinese consortium of Zhengzhou Coal Mining Machinery Co., Ltd and China Renaissance Capital Investment Inc. on the EUR 545 million acquisition of Robert Bosch GmbH's Starter Motors and Generators business.
Redcliffe Partners is annually ranked in the top-tier by all international directories, including Chambers Global, Chambers Europe, IFLR 1000 and the Legal 500. The firm’s partners and counsel feature year on year in individual lawyers’ rankings by Who’s Who Legal and Best Lawyers.