- Ranked top tier in Banking & Finance. "Redcliffe Partners is 'used to working on international transactions and is very responsive and business-oriented, providing a very high quality of legal advice'." The Legal 500 2020
- Ranked in Banking & Finance, Restructuring & Insolvency. "Demonstrates know-how in various types of loans, project finance and trade finance across a broad range of industries." Chambers Global 2020; Chambers Europe 2020
- Ranked in Banking & Finance, Capital Markets IFLR 1000 2020
- Ranked among Top-5 in Banking & Finance The Ukrainian Law Firms 2019
- Redcliffe Partners advised the EBRD on risk-sharing arrangements with Piraeus Bank Ukraine
- Redcliffe Partners advised the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development on EUR 2 million financing of a solar plant
- Redcliffe Partners advises Deutsche Bank, ING, Natixis and UniCredit on the restructuring of over US$1 billion Metinvest debt
Redcliffe’s team is a recognised market leader providing legal services to a wide range of clients in the financial services sector, including domestic, international commercial and investment banks, insurance companies, payment systems, project sponsors, financial institutions and advisers, funds, asset managers, insurance companies and other market players.
We have acted for Barclays Capital, BNP Paribas, Citigroup, Commerzbank, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, EBRD, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, ING, IFC, JPMorgan, Morgan Stanley, RBS (ABN Amro), Renaissance Capital, RZB, Standard Bank and UBS.
We are a top-ranked finance practice, well-positioned to advise sector clients on:
- M&A (particularly the acquisition and sale of banks, insurance businesses and other financial institutions)
- Corporate governance issues
- Financings, public and private placements
- Debt restructuring and insolvency
- Regulatory and compliance.
Redcliffe’s lawyers are deeply involved in expert groups tasked with developing and amending the Ukrainian regulatory environment in the finance sector. Most recently, Redcliffe’s experts, together with the American Chamber of Commerce (Ukraine), developed recommendations on the enforceability of cross-border suretyships (NBU licensing, convertibility issues and registration of cross-border loans). In addition, our team was appointed by the Foundation for Effective Government Governance to advise on the reform of Ukrainian insolvency law as well as the drafting of the new insolvency law, incorporating, amongst others, provisions on close-out netting in insolvency.
We have developed strong working relationships with the principal regulators of the Ukrainian financial market — the National Bank of Ukraine, the National Securities and Stock Market Commission, and the National Financial Services Commission, which enables us to deliver valuable, up-to-date insights to our financial sector clients.