- Ranked in Banking & Finance The Legal 500 2017; Chambers Global 2017; Chambers Europe IFLR 1000 2017
- Ranked among Top-5 in Banking & Finance The Ukrainian Law Firms 2016
- "Prompt and responsive with deep legal knowledge." The Legal 500 2017
- Redcliffe Partners and Clifford Chance advise Deutsche Bank, ING, Natixis and UniCredit on debt restructuring for Metinvest B.V.
- Redcliffe Partners supports EBRD in launching Ukraine Residential Energy Efficiency Financing Facility
- Redcliffe Partners and Clifford Chance advise EBRD on acquiring 30% of shares in Raiffeisen Bank Aval JSC
Redcliffe’s team is a recognised market leader providing legal services to a wide range of clients in the financial services sector, including domestic, international commercial and investment banks, project sponsors, financial institutions and advisers, funds, asset managers, insurance companies and other market players.
We have acted for Barclays Capital, BNP Paribas, Citigroup, Commerzbank, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, EBRD, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, ING, IFC, JPMorgan, Morgan Stanley, RBS (ABN Amro), Renaissance Capital, RZB, Standard Bank and UBS.
We are a top-ranked finance practice, very well positioned to advise sector clients on:
- M&A (particularly the acquisition and sale of banks, insurance businesses and other financial institutions)
- Corporate governance issues
- Financings, public and private placements
- Debt restructuring and insolvency
- Regulatory and compliance
Redcliffe’s lawyers are deeply involved in expert groups tasked with developing and amending the Ukrainian regulatory environment in the finance sector. Most recently, Redcliffe’s experts, together with the American Chamber of Commerce (Ukraine), developed recommendations on the enforceability of cross-border suretyships (NBU licensing, convertibility issues and registration of cross-border loans). In addition, our team was appointed by the Foundation for Effective Government Governance to advise on the reform of Ukrainian insolvency law as well as the drafting of the new insolvency law, incorporating, amongst others, provisions on close-out netting in insolvency.
We have developed strong working relationships with the principal regulators of the Ukrainian financial market - the National Bank of Ukraine, the National Securities and Stock Market Commission and the National Financial Services Commission, which enables us to deliver valuable, up-to-date insights to our financial sector clients.