- Ranked top tier in Banking & Finance. "Redcliffe Partners is best known for its work for international lenders on cross-border financing and complex debt restructuring." The Legal 500 2018
- Ranked in Banking & Finance. "Demonstrates know-how in various types of loans, project finance and trade finance across a broad range of industries." Chambers Global and Chambers Europe 2018
- Ranked in Banking & Finance IFLR 1000 2019
- Ranked among Top-5 in Banking & Finance The Ukrainian Law Firms 2018
Redcliffe’s team is a recognised market leader providing legal services to a wide range of clients in the financial services sector, including domestic, international commercial and investment banks, project sponsors, financial institutions and advisers, funds, asset managers, insurance companies and other market players.
We have acted for Barclays Capital, BNP Paribas, Citigroup, Commerzbank, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, EBRD, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, ING, IFC, JPMorgan, Morgan Stanley, RBS (ABN Amro), Renaissance Capital, RZB, Standard Bank and UBS.
We are a top-ranked finance practice, very well positioned to advise sector clients on:
- M&A (particularly the acquisition and sale of banks, insurance businesses and other financial institutions)
- Corporate governance issues
- Financings, public and private placements
- Debt restructuring and insolvency
- Regulatory and compliance
Redcliffe’s lawyers are deeply involved in expert groups tasked with developing and amending the Ukrainian regulatory environment in the finance sector. Most recently, Redcliffe’s experts, together with the American Chamber of Commerce (Ukraine), developed recommendations on the enforceability of cross-border suretyships (NBU licensing, convertibility issues and registration of cross-border loans). In addition, our team was appointed by the Foundation for Effective Government Governance to advise on the reform of Ukrainian insolvency law as well as the drafting of the new insolvency law, incorporating, amongst others, provisions on close-out netting in insolvency.
We have developed strong working relationships with the principal regulators of the Ukrainian financial market - the National Bank of Ukraine, the National Securities and Stock Market Commission and the National Financial Services Commission, which enables us to deliver valuable, up-to-date insights to our financial sector clients.