- Ranked in Energy The Legal 500 2017; Chambers Europe 2017; IFLR 1000 2017
- Redcliffe Partners supports EBRD in the launch of a renewable energy generation plant in Western Ukraine
- Redcliffe Partners advises Landesbank Berlin on the restructuring of a financing by Wind Power
- Redcliffe Partners supports EBRD in launching Ukraine Residential Energy Efficiency Financing Facility
Redcliffe Partners offers international and domestic clients the expertise of a top-ranked team in Ukraine’s energy sector.
Our Energy group is regularly involved in the most high-profile, complex and innovative oil, gas, power and infrastructure projects in Ukraine. We have substantial experience advising corporations, governments, multilaterals, ECAs, sponsors and lenders, which provides us with a detailed understanding that few other law firms acting in Ukraine can offer.
For many years both international and local clients have engaged Redcliffe’s energy team to act on deals in upstream, midstream and downstream businesses.
Our experience in upstream oil & gas projects includes advising on the structuring, development and negotiation of all production-sharing agreements concluded by the Ukrainian Government in the oil & gas sector, including PSAs with Vanco, Chevron and TNK-PB.
Building on this experience, Redcliffe's team was part of the special working group – together with the representatives of Eni, Shell, Chevron, Vanco and TNK-BP – organised by the American Chamber of Commerce to develop rules on natural and shale gas extraction and national legislation on production-sharing.
Midstream and downstream
Redcliffe participated in structuring and negotiating many of the sales and acquisitions in the oil & gas sector, as well as assisting with the establishment of strategic partnerships and joint ventures, gas marketing issues and other legal aspects of oil & gas projects in Ukraine. In particular, our team has advised Arawak Energy Ukraine on establishing a strategic partnership with Geo-Alliance; GalNaftoGas on a joint venture with ADM Capital; multiple foreign investors on establishing Joint Ventures with Ukrainian companies; and TNK-BP on various Ukrainian midstream and downstream projects.
Redcliffe Partners is also currently the firm of choice for legal advice on production-sharing agreements and energy joint ventures.
We have a non-legalistic approach that focuses on the delivery of practical solutions.
Our experience includes advising on:
- Regulatory advice
- Due diligence of oil & gas companies
- Deal structuring
- Production-sharing agreements (PSAs) and joint activity agreements (JAAs)
- Post-closing integration
- Complex advice on other aspects of energy deals: corporate, antitrust, finance, employment, environmental, tax
Redcliffe's team is one of the strongest practices for advising on renewable energy transactions and the relevant regulations in Ukraine. We are particularly experienced in the wind and solar energy markets and have advised on the development, structuring, financing, taxation (including tax incentives such as "the green tariff") and other issues in relation to several of the largest renewable energy projects in Ukraine.
Our acknowledged industry experts have a reputation for successfully advising on all aspects of renewable energy projects, including:
- Equity and debt capital markets
- Construction and project development
- Planning, construction and real estate
- Dispute resolution