- Ranked top tier in Energy. "Redcliffe Partners is a leader in the project finance space and clients remark that it has 'a smart, efficient and hardworking team that does great work'." The Legal 500 2020
- Ranked in Energy & Natural Resources. "Noteworthy practice best known for its activity on PSA agreements in the oil and gas industry. Adept at handling the project financing and transactional elements of renewable energy projects." Chambers Europe 2020
- Ranked in Project development IFLR 1000 2020
- Ranked among Top-5 in Energy & Natural Resources The Ukrainian Law Firms 2019
- Shortlisted for Law Firm of the Year award in Energy The Legal Awards 2019
- Ranked among Top-10 in Energy The Market Leaders 2019
- Redcliffe Partners advised FMO, Green for Growth Fund and GIEK on EUR 37 million financing to 54 MWp solar PV plant
- Redcliffe Partners advises EBRD on a USD56 million loan to Kernel for the construction of four biomass plants
- Redcliffe Partners advised Proparco, BSTDB, Finnfund, IFU and NEFCO on the second-phase financing to SyvashEnergoProm
Redcliffe Partners offers international and domestic clients the expertise of a top-ranked team in Ukraine’s energy sector.
Our Energy group is regularly involved in the most high-profile, complex and innovative oil, gas, power and infrastructure projects in Ukraine. We have substantial experience advising corporations, governments, multilaterals, ECAs, sponsors and lenders, which provides us with a detailed understanding that few other law firms acting in Ukraine can offer.
For many years both international and local clients have engaged Redcliffe’s energy team to act on deals in upstream, midstream and downstream businesses.
Our experience in upstream oil & gas projects includes advising on the structuring, development and negotiation of all production-sharing agreements concluded by the Ukrainian Government in the oil & gas sector, including PSAs with Vanco, Chevron and TNK-PB.
Building on this experience, Redcliffe's team was part of the special working group – together with the representatives of Eni, Shell, Chevron, Vanco and TNK-BP – organised by the American Chamber of Commerce to develop rules on natural and shale gas extraction and national legislation on production-sharing.
Midstream and downstream
Redcliffe participated in structuring and negotiating many of the sales and acquisitions in the oil & gas sector, as well as assisting with the establishment of strategic partnerships and joint ventures, gas marketing issues and other legal aspects of oil & gas projects in Ukraine. In particular, our team has advised Arawak Energy Ukraine on establishing a strategic partnership with Geo-Alliance; GalNaftoGas on a joint venture with ADM Capital; multiple foreign investors on establishing Joint Ventures with Ukrainian companies; and TNK-BP on various Ukrainian midstream and downstream projects.
Redcliffe Partners is also currently the firm of choice for legal advice on production-sharing agreements and energy joint ventures.
We have a non-legalistic approach that focuses on the delivery of practical solutions.
Our experience includes advising on:
- Regulatory advice
- Due diligence of oil & gas companies
- Deal structuring
- Production-sharing agreements (PSAs) and joint activity agreements (JAAs)
- Post-closing integration
- Complex advice on other aspects of energy deals: corporate, antitrust, finance, employment, environmental, tax
Redcliffe's team is one of the strongest practices for advising on renewable energy transactions and the relevant regulations in Ukraine. We are particularly experienced in the wind and solar energy markets and have advised on the development, structuring, financing, taxation (including tax incentives such as "the green tariff") and other issues in relation to several of the largest renewable energy projects in Ukraine.
Our acknowledged industry experts have a reputation for successfully advising on all aspects of renewable energy projects, including:
- Equity and debt capital markets
- Construction and project development
- Planning, construction and real estate
- Dispute resolution