- Ranked among Top-5 in Agriculture and Land The Market Leaders 2018
Redcliffe’s team has been at the forefront of advising agricultural sector clients in Ukraine. We have a track record of assisting agribusinesses with securing acquisitions, alliances, agreements and access to capital to optimise their position through the provision of a full range of legal services coupled with sector expertise.
By linking experience and know-how between practice areas with our agricultural sector expertise, Redcliffe ensures that we are thought leaders relative to the current and future issues our clients may face.
Examples of our work include advising on:
- Substantial M&A mandates (we have acted for domestic and cross-border clients such as Noble, COFCO and others on acquiring agricultural assets in Ukraine)
- Anti-trust issues arising from M&A matters and on business activities generally
- Lending and capital markets transactions
- Environmental and compliance issues
- Development of agricultural infrastructure
- Regulatory advice relating to the trading of grain and other agricultural commodities
Our team also has substantial expertise in representing investors and the leading agricultural businesses in arbitrations under a variety of international arbitration rules, including the rules of GAFTA, FOSFA and the International Commercial Arbitration Court at the Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Representative agricultural clients include Louis Dreyfus, Noble Resources (part of Noble Group), China National Cereals, Oils and Foodstuffs Corporation (COFCO), Ukragrocom and Valinor.