Redcliffe Partners is looking for a Mid to Senior Competition / Antitrust Lawyer.
If you want to join a young and dynamic team and contribute to our work on high-profile, innovative and challenging international projects, we encourage you to apply. We offer:
- Above-market remuneration
- A dynamic and multicultural work environment encouraging professional and personal development
- Exciting experience in international client projects with autonomous project management in collaboration with your colleagues
- Access to training programmes to develop your legal and business skills with the Clifford Chance Academy (London, Brussels, Amsterdam and other locations worldwide)
- High ethical standards of work.
What we are looking for:
- A mid to senior level lawyer who has four years+ of outstanding experience in merger control and antitrust matters with an international or major Ukrainian law firm, or as an in-house lawyer
- A law degree from a reputable Ukrainian law school; an LL.M would be an advantage
- Extensive experience in independent handling of merger control filings; communication with clients and the competition authority
- Excellent English language drafting and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent analytical skills, proactive and solution-oriented thinking
- Understanding of key concepts of EU competition laws
- Proven evidence in ability to take a leadership role and manage a varied workload.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Conduct merger control analysis; prepare and independently handle merger control filings; communicate with clients and competition authorities
- Analyse and draft transaction documents in accordance with competition law requirements
- Carry out legal research and legal analysis on various aspects of Ukrainian and EU competition regulations and practice
- Draft legal opinions and memoranda on a wide range of competition law issues, including analysis of distribution agreements and policies for compliance with competition laws
- Represent clients in antitrust investigations initiated by the competition authority, develop the defence strategy, prepare responses to information requests
- Contribute to the team’s business development efforts, including the preparation of legal alerts, publications and presentations
Please submit your resume in English and a covering letter indicating this position to email@example.com.
Why Redcliffe Partners?
Redcliffe Partners is a leading Ukrainian law firm that provides a full range of legal services to large national enterprises, international companies, financial institutions and private investors who conduct business or investment activities in Ukraine. We are involved in the majority of the largest and most complicated transactions and litigation cases in Ukraine. Redcliffe is amongst the Top-3 law firms by both total number and value of Finance and M&A deals in Ukraine concluded during 2016−2018.
The basis of our work and dynamic development is a powerful international team comprising US, UK and Ukraine-qualified lawyers, practical experience in the most active business sectors, and impeccable professional ethics and business transparency.
Competition / Antitrust Practice
Previously working for many years as part of a pre-eminent international law firm, Redcliffe's antitrust team has advised on a broad range of merger control and antitrust matters in Ukraine. Our team has handled some of the largest M&A transactions in the market. In 2016-2018 alone, the team advised on some 15% of Ukraine’s largest public M&A and finance projects, including providing Ukrainian merger control advice on many of these transactions. Our Antitrust practice is ranked in Competition by Legal 500 2019, recognised as an established practice by Ukrainian Law Firms 2019 and ranked among Top-10 in Competition by the Market Leaders.